Staffing for your IT needs: Outsourcing versus In-House
January 21, 2021 | 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM|
Many organizations face the challenge of staffing their IT department with the right skills needed to keep their technology running smoothly and securely. Thus, IT outsourcing has become the strategic go-to for businesses who want to tap into additional manpower and expertise offered by an IT provider. However, as a business grows, so does the technology workload; and the increasing importance, complexity, and expense of IT has driven many companies to bring either some, or all, of their IT resources in-house. So, how do you approach staffing and managing your IT department to ensure that your organization’s technology can grow securely and effectively? Join Jamie Wolbeck, Vice President of Operations at SUCCESS Computer Consulting, and Craig Jackman, Co-Founder and President of Paragon IT, for an informational session on when to hire, who to hire, and how to hire for your IT department. In this session, we’ll answer common questions about staffing and managing an IT department:
- When should I consider my first internal IT hire?
- How much will an IT hire increase my technology spend?
- My IT administrator says they are always busy, but I’m not sure what they’re doing. What is the best way to distribute responsibilities between an outsourced IT provider and an in-house IT team?
- At what point do I consider bringing my entire IT team in-house?
- How can I build an internal IT team quickly and efficiently?
- What are some common hiring mistakes and how do I avoid them?
- How can I attract top-performers and beat my competition?